This first of a kind study associating exercise to female orgasm and sexual pleasure adds another powerful motivator to get moving and to work those abs! Rumors about coregasm (the association of orgasm with core/abdominal exercises) have floated around gyms for years says researcher Debby Herbenick, researcher and co-director of the Center for Sexual Health Promotion in Indiana University’s School of Health, Physical Education and Recreation. Now there’s data to support and strengthen these claims. The most common exercises associated with exercise-induced orgasm (EIO) and exercise-induced sexual pleasure (EISP) cited in the study were abdominal exercises, climbing poles or ropes, biking/spinning and weight lifting. In open-ended responses from study participants, the “captain’s chair” exercise was particularly associated with EIO.
Additional key findings from the study include:
• 40 percent of women who had experienced EIO and EISP had done so on more than 10 occasions.
• Most of the women in the EIO group reported feeling some degree of self-consciousness when exercising in public places.
• 20 percent reported they could not control their experience.
• Most women reporting EIO said they were not fantasizing sexually or thinking about anyone they were attracted to during their experiences.
• 51.4 percent reported experiencing an orgasm in connection with abdominal exercises within the previous 90 days.
• Others reported experiencing orgasm in connection with weight lifting (26.5 percent), yoga (20 percent), bicycling (15.8), running (13.2 percent) and walking/hiking (9.6 percent).
Learn to love the Captain’s Chair exercise
The captain’s chair exercise is one of the best exercises for strengthening the abdominal muscles.
To correctly perform the exercise:
Grip handholds to stabilize the upper body
Press the back against the pad
Contract the abs to raise the legs and lift knees towards the chest
Avoid arching the back or swinging the legs up
Slowly lower the legs down
Repeat 12-16 reps, 1-3 sets
Now get moving…and experience exercise-induced pleasure!