Well Tucson, I have seen some eye-popping calves out there on the road and on the mountain that could sure compete with these. So flex those gastrocnemius and soleus muscles, snap a photo and shoot me an email of your hot hot Tucson legs. firstname.lastname@example.org
OK, so these ain’t no 30-something set of calves…..but they have lots of miles in em. Maybe I’ll try Patti’s workout.
Patti Mangone shares her five-day workout routine:
* Monday: 30-minute group cycling class followed by seated calf raises
* Tuesday: Weighted squats – 3 sets of 10
* Wednesday: 45-minute group cycling class followed with a good old-fashioned session of jump rope – 5 sets of 3-minute intervals or sometimes calf extension machine – 3 sets of 12 reps
* Thursday: Walk uphill on the treadmill at a steep setting for 30 seconds, rest 30 seconds – repeat 10 times. Followed by standing calf raises – 8 reps
* Friday: Walking lunges – 20 steps